Monday 10 April 2017

Kaweesi Family condemns Police for Letting them Down

Speaking on behalf of the distraught family members, the deceased’s cousin brother Leo Ruyinda said at Red Pepper offices last evening that he was surprised none of the investigating agencies’ heads has found it necessary to speak to him yet he was among those who were with Kaweesi for much of Thursday before his assassination on Friday morning the next day.
“I was always very close to him as a relative and friend. He always told me his private things and all that. On Thursday he rang me at 10am and said come to Naguru. We left Naguru for lunch at a restaurant opposite hardware world in Ntinda. We were the two of us and after lunch we went to Barclays Bank where he withdrew money and gave me to go do his errands. I’m surprised which investigations if at all are these people duping Ugandans to be carrying out if nobody has bothered to take some of the information I have regarding Kaweesi’s last day on earth. In fact in a normal country I would be treated as a suspect but this is Uganda where anything goes,” said Ruyinda.
His closeness to late Kaweesi was corroborated by the deceased’s brother Vincent Kayitana Musoni who introduced him to mourners as one who personally knew Kaweesi’s secrets than even the widow.

No comments:

Post a Comment